Around 20 attended
New environment without technology
- Or computer lab but few studends and high turnover – computer lab can accommodate multilevel
- tutoring online to international students – using Skype – http://squirrelmail.org/
- What is the future of online teaching? International learners, but also international teachers? Outsourcing? Institutions offering these services have strict mechanisms in place to secure credible and reliable services. Westgate corporation, Japan.
- Voxopop – http://www.voxopop.com/
- Anvil – https://anvill.uoregon.edu/anvill2/
- Listening and Pronunciation Interest Group – http://lipsonline.wikispaces.com/
- Audacity – http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
- Voki – http://www.voki.com/create.php
- Cell phones for ESL –http://timac.wikispaces.com/Cell+Phones+in+the+Classroom
- Flip – super cheap these days – make videos and upload online
- Digital audio recorders – mp3 files….
- Supporting teachers in a language lab – monthly workshops for teachers, Genesis system for pair work – great buy-in from IEP teachers, but not from Credit Program teachers – how to get them excited?
- Some simple projects by Barry Bakin, LAUSD DACE – http://tech4esl.blogspot.com/
- KQED education – http://www.kqed.org/education/educators/postsecondary-ed.jsp