During the 42nd state conference – Technology Enhanced Language Learning Interest Group is sponsoring a strand of presentations called Technology Mini Presentations.
In a new format this year – the mini-presentations are a chance to hear from a number of your colleagues demonstrating their favorite Internet resource, distance/blended teaching strategy, learning management system, or an instructional software program. Each presenter has 12 minutes, so you’ll get a lot of information in a short time.
Here is a tentative list of presentations:
• A Little Tech Know-How Goes A Long Way
• Creating Interactive Tutorials with Keynote or PowerPoint
• Facebook: It’s not all evil. Use the group feature!
• Getting started with Moodle – course management software
• Share Student Work Online
• Teaching with Twitter
• Text-to-speech technology as an ESL writing tool
• Using social media to develop an autonomous learning environment
• Webquest: An interactive online unit on the DMV
• Writing Your Way with Google Docs
• Wordsift: Visualizing Text
The mini presentations will happen within these time slots:
I: Friday, 10-11:45 am
II Saturday 9-9:45 am (this is a change from the pre-reg booklet)
II Saturday 4:15-5 pm